Wednesday 13 January 2016

DUCJC 2016 - Day 12 - Summer Alphabet

Hello again!

I'm really excited the children finally picked this one for me to stitch. Yes, I love the chart but more than that I adore this absolutely gorgeous completely strokeable jaw-droppingly beautiful bright yellow fabric! If you haven't guessed already, yellow is my favourite colour so stitching on this was divine!

It's a real pity that, as usual and despite lots of editing, the photo doesn't do the fabric justice. I'm still not happy with this one but it's the best I can do. I think it's time to invest in a new camera as I have to colour edit nearly all of my photos. :(

I don't think this design needs any introduction, so here is my progress for the day:


Summer Alphabet by Lizzie Kate
Stitched on 16ct Cloud Lemon aida by Sewitall.com 2 over 1
Stitch count 111 wide by 159 high
Estimated stitching time 59 hours
Stitching time to date - 3 hours 35 minutes


I've resisted saying this for the first 11 days, but I am really looking forward to returning to this piece. I wonder if you can guess why!!!

Day 13 will be a smaller Lizzie Kate on much more muted fabric.

Until tomorrow,
Rachel x

14 comments:

Annie said...

Another great start! That chart is pretty, and the fabric looks gorgeous on my monitor!
I'm always impressed with how much stitching time you get each day....and a little jealous;)

Mii Stitch said...

The cloud lemon fabric look far better than I expected :)
Methink it will end up in my basket soon!
Great start on your gorgeous fabric.

Stitcher said...

The yellow is bright and cheery! I love it!

Katie said...

If it's brighter in person then it's just breathtakingly beautiful. I love the muted color on the screen now. Glad you are enjoying it so much!! Great start. The colors still pop on that gorgeous fabric.

Linda said...

Another lovely start with pretty fabric Rachel.

Linda

Justine said...

Gorgeous awesome start! I love yellow too. It looks so different on your fabric to that pictured on the chart. Great choice!
I'm a little jealous of your stitching time too...

Faith... said...

Oh...another LK Alphabet! I love these charts and that yellow is so pretty! Will you be doing all the LK Alphabets?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on all your recent starts. I use the scanner on the printer to get a realistic colour picture quite often.
Love the alphabets too.

Heather said...

Wow that looks great! It's certainly yellow!

Angela said...

That fabric is gorgeous!!!

Brigitte said...

I have never stitched on yellow fabric but it must be very cheerful feeling to have such a wonderful fabric color in your hands. You made a great start on this one - already four letters stitched!

Miamina said...

Lovely chart and that fabric is great!!

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely start! Yellow is DD's favourite colour as well. :)

Annie said...

This is such a lovely project! Well done for putting it down for now; I could never stop again so quickly...