Tuesday 12 January 2016

DUCJC 2016 - Day 11 - Woolly-Hatted Snowman

Hello all!

I can't believe I'm more or less one third of the way through the challenge already! I've loved every start so far even though I still have so many more to do!

Day 11 saw my first Christmas piece come out to play. I've called this one Woolly-Hatted Snowman, and he's from the Christmas Pals Ornaments kit which you may have seen Katie stitch and finish last year.


Christmas Pals Ornaments by Dimensions
Stitched on 16ct Ice Blue Aida 2 over 1
Stitch count 44 wide by 44 high
Estimated stitching time 14 hours
Stitching time to date - 2 hours 15 minutes


I was going to stitch the border and background first but then thought where better to start than with the hat after which he is named?

I am really looking forward to stitching tomorrow's piece, not only because of the pattern but because of the colour fabric I will be working on. ;)

See you then,
Rachel x

14 comments:

Justine said...

Another great start Rachel! I loved seeing these designs finished up by Katie, they're so sweet. I wonder if you'll finish them the same way?
I do wish you'd stop teasing us with hints for your next new start - I can't wait until tomorrow!

Mii Stitch said...

Yes, I remember drooling over Katie's finishes!! :D They are very cute little design.
Great start on the first one :)

Preeti said...

These are cute designs!! Can't wait to see the fabric as well as pattern for tomorrow:)














Katie said...

Ohhhh I love him! I really enjoyed stitching them so much. I hope you do too. Great start!!

Linda said...

Cute start Rachel. I bought this kit last year after watching Katie stitch them.

Linda

Esmeralda said...

O wow another cutie :)
Look forward to see what special fabric you have in mind for tommorows pattern

Faith... said...

Another cute start! Can't wait to see what you have in store for tomorrow.

CathE said...

What a cute start!

Emma/Itzy said...

Great start! I think these are so cute xx

Heather said...

Great start I love these patterns :)

sharine said...

You have the best taste in charts. Love all these new starts!

Stitcher said...

I love him!

Brigitte said...

He is among the ones I would stitch immediately. Great start.

Tiffstitch said...

Nice start! I picked up the kit with my Xmas money because of Katie stitching these. I haven't decided if I'm adding them to my starts though.