Saturday 10 January 2015

DUCJC 2015 - Day 9

Good morning!

Oh dear..... Margaret Sherry on Aida! What was I thinking not buying evenweave for this chart? I can only assume I didn't look closely at the symbols first to see how many fractionals there were i.e. LOADS!

I only managed to stitch the worm (whilst watching Top Gear Burma Special - have you realized yet I really like Top Gear?!) but feel that's quite an achievement for one day. I'm not stitching the background but will probably backstitch the border to give the piece a definitive area.


Book Worm
Featured in Margaret Sherry 2008/2009 Calendar
Stitched on 16ct Crocus hand-dyed Aida by Polstitches Designs 2 over 1


I'm glad it's Saturday tomorrow as it's another Elemental Dragon design which I know I will want to stitch on all day. If I do have to put it down I might follow in Katie's footsteps and start pouting!

Until tomorrow then,

Love and hugs
Rachel x

9 comments:

Emma/Itzy said...

He is so cute! I never thought I would say that about a worm! Haha!

The fabric choice you picked is gorgeous too!

Katie said...

That design is too cute! The fabric is beautiful at least. Hope the fractional stitches don't drive you too crazy. LOL about the pouting. Go ahead it's fun haha.

Linda said...

Cute start Rachel.

Linda

Justine said...

That fabric is beautiful and I agree with Emma, the little worm is cute! Pout away!

Jan Gartlan said...

So cute

Sarah said...

Love the glasses.

Mii Stitch said...

The fabric is lovely and the little worm so cute (in a way, because worms are not cute!).
Managed to finally watch the Christmas Top Gear... oh dear, some people had fun, not!

Stitching Noni said...

I know what you mean about MS on aida... those fractionals... yick!
Good job though on the worm... see what Top Gear does for your stitching... makes you stitch faster!
I must admit I love the specials they do - don't know how they survive sometimes!
Hugs xx

Alyssa F said...

I'm doing the February design from the same calendar, and had the same epiphany about doing it on aida as you. Always an adventure, huh? :)